16 Mar Paleo Breakfast: Banana Porridge
I don’t know about you, but the tastiness and excitement (dare I say illicitness) of bacon and eggs every morning wore off pretty fast for me. My inner Ron Swanson is screaming right now.
Don’t get me wrong, I still really love bacon and eggs but I wanted something more soul warming, a substitute for hearty oatmeal.
That’s when I ran across Danielle Walker’s recipe for Banana Porridge in her book Against All Grain (which by the way, you should totally get). There are so many freakin’ tasty recipes included in here!
The porridge is super easy to make. Just remember to leave time to soak the nuts overnight.
I did have some trouble finding raw nuts (that weren’t freakishly high priced) but I ran across some at Sam’s Club and on Amazon.com. I’ve included the links below.
- Rinse the nuts until the water runs clear.
- Place the nuts in a large bowl and sprinkle the sea salt over them. Fill the bowl with filtered water so the nuts are covered by at least 1 inch of water. Cover and soak overnight.
- Drain the nuts and rinse 2 or 3 times, again until the water runs clear.
- Add the drained nuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend the nuts with the banana, coconut milk, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Put the porridge in a pot on the stove and heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with raisins, chopped nuts, or dates.
Two weeks ago I decided to give the Keto diet a shot. I’ve done Whole30 and adhered to a Paleo diet before – both lead to pounds shed and inches lost. The Keto diet is really really similar, except it allows more flexibility with food, IMO (I mean, hello dairy!). Here are some of the questions I had when I started the Keto diet. ...
I don't know about you, but the tastiness and excitement (dare I say illicitness) of bacon and eggs every morning wore off pretty fast for me. My inner Ron Swanson is screaming right now. Don't get me wrong, I still really love bacon and eggs but I wanted something more soul warming, a substitute for hearty oatmeal....
One of the things that I will occasionally splurge on is rice. I love sushi and it’s not very fulfilling to me to just eat slices of raw fish. With that said, rice in a dish isn’t something that I’ve missed at all. But when this......